As you probably have seen by now, I’m a Twitter (and social media) fanatic and a huge proponent of Twitter to help build your business. In fact, my success in building my email list to well over 500 people in just a few months is comprised of nothing more than article marketing and social media. People who discount the value of Twitter as an authentic Internet marketing strategy are probably not doing it correctly.
In this article, I reveal 5 Twitter strategies to authentically build your list, connect with prospects, and ultimately get new clients.
- Have a plot. Most people jump into Twitter and reckon the quickest and most effective way to market is by following a bunch of random people and send out a series pre-canned tweets hoping their message will convince someone to opt-in or buy. I like to call it the “spray and pray” method using Twitter. After a few weeks when they hardly anyone clicks their tweets and nobody opted-in, they discount Twitter by saying this doesn’t work. You must have a strategy and a plot in place for Twitter. Reckon about who you want to follow and why. Thoughts: Prospects? Potential leads? Clients? JV partners? Don’t follow people purely with the intent to get followed back. One of the best ways to find people in your niche is to simply use serarch.twitter.com and type in some keywords or phrases for your market and see who’s talking about it on Twitter. Follow with the intent to engage them. Once a plot is in place and you’re strategically following the right people for the right reasons, have an end goal in sight. One of the best goals is to ultimately drive your Twitter followers back to your site or blog where they can access more of what you have offer by joining your list!
- Twitter is a conversation. Twitter is the like the modern day networking group, but online. You need to engage with people on Twitter the same you would engage with people at a networking event. You show up, you contribute to the conversation by engaging your audience and provide excellent content and add value. Remember the lifetime of a tweet is often just seconds. The conversation is always happening whether you’re in it or not. So, show up and participate in the conversation! So, you need to do the work on Twitter. Expecting Twitter to be the magic bullet for building your list or getting clients is like showing up at networking event and leaving all your business cards around the room and then going back home – hoping for a prospect to question you if they can work with you. Where is the engagement in that relationship? If you’re using a Twitter system to blast 10 tweets a day with nothing but your own promotional stuff, I say shame on you. Yes, systems are excellent (but in moderation.) Yes, you can promote your stuff (but in addition to other high value content you provide.It’s got to be more about them then you.
- Implement tools and systems. I’m a huge fan of combining automation and your own efforts so that marketing on Twitter works for you. This is where you might want to reckon about hiring a social media VA. Not for the purposes of doing your tweets for you, but to help in the setup and some of the automation in using Twitter. It cannot be outsourced 100%. But, hiring someone to help setup Twitter so are following the right people, responding to DM messages in a timely manner, and most importantly, setting up the automation aspect of feeding select tweets to other social media outlets like Facebook. You can auto-post your blog articles to Twitter (and Facebook) as well as auto-post photos (say from your iPhone) to both Twitter and Facewbook. Yes, you could take time to try and figure all this out and set it up but there are people out there that are highly skilled and willing to do this setup work for you. It will take a fraction of the time. Be sure to use services like Tweetdeck and Ping.fm to help you in multi-tasking your Twitter and social media efforts. Then you can focus on the most vital aspects of Twitter marketing (i.e. see points #1 and #2 above).
- Measure your ROI. I’m a huge fan of making sure whatever it is you do to market your business you measure the results and ensure it’s really providing value for your business. A lot of people spend hours a day on Twitter and get no leads and no sales. In my book, that’s a surefire way to go out of business pretty soon. I like to measure ROI by using “hard” analytics and “soft” analytics. Hard analytics are using tools like bit.ly as a URL shortener so you can track the number of clicks on the links included in your tweets. It’s like measuring the click-through-rate of your emails. Are you sending tweets but nobody is clicking on them? You need to change and improve what you’re sending. Again, a social media VA can help set this up and measure the ROI for your Twitter efforts. Soft analytics does not use numbers or stats, but the feedback and comments you get from people you connect with through Twitter. I like to hear when people say “I like following you on Twitter because you place out such excellent content!” You can’t place a number on that to measure the return on investment. My favorite? Hearing from clients who work with us that tell us they found us through Twitter. How cool is that? A 5-figure coaching client originated from Twitter and not from any other lead source. In my book, Twitter pays off HUGE time.
- You can expect to get clients FROM Twitter, not ON Twitter. Twitter is a relationship-marketing tool. You can’t just provide content and value on Twitter and expect them to immediately want to work with you. It often will take time to build the know-like-trust factor in the same way it takes time with the articles and emails you’re providing. This is how relationship-marketing works! You need to first establish that connection with your prospects by providing value and then over time establish goodwill by serving them above and beyond what they’re expecting. People want to feel a sense of connection these days as we’re constantly trying to be high-touch in a high-tech world. Eventually, those prospects will perhaps read more of your articles or perhaps join your list by ordering your irresistible free offer. From there, you can give more content and value so they will want to work with you.
So, get out there and tweet your way to new clients!
Derek Fredrickson, Authentic Internet Marketing Specialist, is founder of the Authentic Internet Marketing System, the proven step-by-step program that shows you exactly how to authentically market your business online, in record time…guaranteed. To get your F.R.E.E. videos and receive his authentic internet marketing articles on attracting more leads and converting more sales online to multiply your current revenues, visit http://www.derekfredrickson.com.
Twitter is simple to use. So simple to use, in fact, that some people jump into Tweeting and never learn about half of the elements of etiquette or utility slip right by some people. But, just because these thoughts aren’t intuitive doesn’t mean that you can’t use them to use Twitter to make money and generate web traffic. Instead of tweeting in the dark, read on for some tips we’ve compiled to make your business tweeting more viable, and your Internet marketing strategies over Twitter more successful.
1. Don’t answer to every @ tweet. Although you may be initially compelled to respond every time someone questions you a question, this is something you want to avoid. Instead, choose carefully to respond to tweets that will allow you to showcase your brand and your wit, and not just to answer basic questions. This will make sure that your tweets are always on the topic that you want them to be, and also help ensure that it doesn’t seem like you’re pandering to the crowd.
2. Don’t use full-length URLs. Website addresses can be huge, and when you’ve only got 140 characters to work with, posting the full address can defeat the purpose of Twitter. Instead, make use of a URL-shortening service, like TinyURL.
3. You don’t have to win everyone to your side. When it comes down to it, not everyone is going to like you – and some people may be very vocal about it. You should listen to what they say, but if you’re pleased with the content of your tweets and most of your followers like them too, then there’s no reason to change for just one person.
4. Avoid using Twitter like an IM client. Unless you feel your followers will benefit from you directly tagging an individual tweeter in a posting, then it’s probably best to stick to email or an IM client.
5. Don’t bother reading every tweet of your followers. While you should keep up with them to see what their interests are and what they respond best to, you certainly should not get lost in reading their tweets. Not only will this bog down your tweeting process, it will bog down your business process. Remember, you’re here first and foremost to attract people to your business and webpage, so don’t neglect your focus.
Devon Brown (a.k.a “The Success Renegade”) is one of the most talented young success coaches in the mlm & home business arena. His powerful information is helping home business entrepreneurs finally achieve the success they deserve and desire. Learn more about Devon and take advantage his FREE Tips on how to have a Successful Home Business by visiting: http://RenegadeSuccess.com
Twitter has grown far beyond its microblogging roots to become a fabulous tool for social messaging, but how can you get the most out of it? Many people use Twitter clients to update their status and read tweets, but there are also a host of useful Twitter widgets that allow you to check your tweets from your blog or even let people retweet your blog entries.
The Most Useful Twitter Widgets:
Want to show your Twitter updates on your blog? This is one of two official Twitter widgets that will let you take your status updates and place them up anywhere that allows custom widgets. The fantastic thing about the Twitter Profile Widget is that you can place your tweets on a loop.
Twitter Search Widget is the second official Twitter widget, and is one of the most useful Twitter widgets out there. It allows you to set up a Twitter search that updates in real time, so you could place it on a personalized start page and get quick updates about your city, a sports team or your favorite actor. Find out more about searching Twitter.
This clean widget will let you make a stamp of your current Twitter status to use anywhere that takes images, which includes blogs, discussion forums, etc. It doesn’t even have to be your tweet that you stamp. You can enter any Twitter profile to turn their latest status update into an image, or even bookmark TwitStamp to easily make Twitter stamps.
This clean small Twitter widget lets you place a piece of code on your website or blog to let users make updates to their own Twitter account. The widget comes in a sidebar style and a footer style, so you can easily fit it to your site.
Go over Digg, there’s a new article badge in town. Retweet buttons are becoming increasingly well loved for blogs and news articles, and they are relatively simple to install. You can place these buttons on your website, blog, embed them in email or even place them in your RSS feed.
Twitter is a well loved way for you to increase your business and build social buzz about any organization, merchandise. I’ve made use of twitter to build my company as well as buy completely new relationships which have since become business partnerships. It’s a fantastic way to connect to your clients to see exactly what their most significant obstacles happen to be so you can establish services and products that serve them significantly better and this produces even more devoted consumers and supporters.
Twitter concerns making interactions and connections with folks whom you are able to help via your organization. That is what it comes down too, that is virtually all it really is. The majority of business people learn about twitter on television or perhaps in the media they usually consider it a terrific advertising tool to help get the word released pertaining to their particular business. This isn’t how you need to look at social media campaigns or twitter marketing by any means. When you look at twitter as simply a broadcasting advertising choice for getting your advertising and marketing information out then you’ll unfortunately not observe very much advantage or success from it.
You should use twitter to mention everything that your business is accomplishing or whatever services or products you provide but, if you try this too frequently people will quickly unfollow you or give up listening because individuals do not interact with businesses, they interact with people. Should you consistently never supply benefit and interact with people you will notice much better effects on twitter and folks is often more open to your tweets. They’re going to click through and go to your web-site more regularly, and buy much more merchandise also.
Internet marketing may be complicated and perplexing and social media advertising and marketing via internet sites such as Twitter, Facebook as well as YouTube might be far more puzzling until you learn how to approach it and what you can do precisely. A person can certainly master a fantastic deal by simply following others and witnessing what they’re doing although typically they’re doing some right things and a few completely incorrect things. I’ve learned a fantastic deal concerning social media advertising and marketing in the a few years I’ve been engaging in this and want to share to you the way to make your own twitter advertising and marketing approach more beneficial.
This is very vital. Pay Close attention!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Greg_Meggs
Since a few months, Google shows tweets in their search results. This means that tweets can be a fantastic source of traffic for your website if they have a excellent Pagerank. Here are 5 essential Twitter SEO tips to increase the efficiency of your tweets.
1) The first 40 characters matter most
Regarding the SEO of your tweets, the most vital part of your tweet are the first 40 characters. These 40 characters also include your username. Try to include the most vital keywords of your tweet in the first characters for better search engine results.
2) Optimize your account
There are a few simple tips you should keep in mind when you fill in your personal information, such as;
Name / Username
As I already mentioned above, the first 40 characters of your tweet are really vital for SEO. These characters are proceeded by your actual name and username. That’s why it’s vital to choose a username that’s relevant to your brand/company/blog… You can easily change your name via your profile settings.
You can compare your bio with the meta description of a website. Use keywords that are relevant to your business for better indexing results. But don’t forget that your bio is limited to only 160 characters. Also, your bio is constantly indexed.
Although the url has a “nofollow” attribute, it can still be usefull to drive traffic to your website. People who are interested in your tweets are likely to take a look at your homepage.
3) Reckon about retweets
Make it simple for your followers to retweet by limiting the length of your tweets. Every retweet is preceded by your username. So don’t forget to leave room for the phrase ‘RT @username’. This means that the maximum length of your tweets isn’t 140 characters, but 140 minus ‘RT @username’…
4) Use hashtags
Hashtags act as keywords. Prefix a keyword with a ‘#’ to make a hashtag. They help other users who are interested in that keyword to learn your tweet. Hopefully, this will also lead to a retweet. In this case, don’t forget the fourth tip!
5) Choose a excellent URL shortener
Not all URL shorteners redirect the user to the real URL. Choose a URL shortener that uses 301-redirects (permanent redirects). This way, search engines index the actual URL instead of the small URL. I suggest using bit.ly or TinyURL.
Hi. My name is Kevin and I’m a design addict from Belgium. I’m also interested in football and games. You can find me on Twitter.